Friday, September 6, 2019

I feel alive again.

I'll be honest, guys. These past two or three years have been a slog to get through. I was oversleeping like crazy, had little energy even when I wasn't, had trouble concentrating, and I was having a hard time getting to church. I felt like a slug.


At the time of my last psychiatric appointment, the main thing on my mind was my lack of concentration. I had been on Adderall previously, but that was when my parents were throwing every diagnosis at me and medicine at me to see what stuck. I don't recall why I went off the Adderall, but my doctor and I agreed that it might be time to try it again. After all, my younger brother has ADHD, and he does well on the stuff (when he takes it correctly).

It took a bit of time for the prescription to get to me. I finally took my first dose Saturday afternoon. I woke up Sunday morning, took my morning dose, and I felt... alive. My head felt clearer, my mood was elevated, I had more energy, and when  I went to dally about on the computer, I focused on things better. Where in the past I'd wake up at eleven if I was lucky, I'm now waking up at eight to take the Adderall, and then going back to sleep for an hour and a half at most. I now have more time to get chores done and do what I want afterwards.

I haven't felt this good in a long time. Such a long time that I honestly didn't realize how down I had gotten. I am so grateful that I can feel like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment